A New Foreign Currency Exchange Savior in the Ugandan Market

Photo Credit: New Vision

Christmas is around the corner and as usual you all know that this is the period when our brothers and sisters on Kyeyo (diaspora) start sending some money to their friends and families to get ready for the festive season. Thursday 29th November 2018 was no exception on my side when I received a few pounds from my cousin in the UK.

I was able to withdraw my pounds in the morning but because I had to deliver on some morning routine chores, I did not manage to exchange the pounds for UGX immediately so I opted for the afternoon period. Curious on how much in UGX I was supposed to receive in exchange in the afternoon, I kept on looking at those dirty exchange rate boards that are always placed outside some forex bureaus. Like any smart Ugandan, I noted down the exchange rates only to return in the afternoon when everything has changed on the exchange rate boards.

It was at this point that I bumped into a longtime friend of mine who whispered to my ears a great secret that I had not known before, he told me that next time I should avoid struggling with finding great and friendly exchange rates in Kampala because Exim Bank Uganda had already detected our problem and answered it by having their exchange rates fixed for 24 hours to reduce on the levels of uncertainties for all those exchanging currencies.

I happily walked my way to Exim Bank Uganda and had my pounds from UK exchanged for a great vale and I am very happy that there is a bank in Kampala that thought about the challenges posed by unstable exchange rates as far as doing business is concerned especially for some of us who have made buying items online from different currency markets our daily business.  I recommend you visit https://www.eximbank-ug.com/ to know more about this amazing and great product on the market. 

By Mwebya Fred
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugaman01 
Email: mwbyfred@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Qualities that Make You a Good Youth Mentor

Trends That Will Influence The Real Estate Sector in 2016

#UgamanHealthWednesday: 10 Great Dental Hygiene Tips