Think Big: It’s very true that not many people believe that they can move mountains and as a result not many people THINK BIG. Having participated in the trend "#ThinkBigSundaywithMarsha" I have been inspired to come up with this article. With almost half of the educated youths in Africa unemployed, it is a worrying situation for the continent because the future is looking Uncertain for these Youths. I believe that by encouraging young people to start small in whatever they can actually change the way they think and create heavy businesses out of the micro firms with time.
I have continually said that having youths believe in entrepreneurialism and digital innovations can play a part in contributing to positive change in the region. Getting 13 to 25 year olds thinking like entrepreneurs, will give them the support they need to take the initiative, be self-reliant and learn the skills they need to stand out in today's economy. Its also important for the education sector to lay out programmes where 11 to 18 year olds can learn valuable work skills and start to make their ideas come alive using digital technology. Unlike many of the adults who have been in employment for a very long time, 83% of youths today believe Technology has made it easier to get jobs.
Its not just enough for all to say "We believe in young people." We need to back them, celebrate their talent and give them hope. I am totally sure that if young people are given chance they have the power to make things better for Everyone. Here are a few things you can do to start Thinking Big;
- Build confidence in yourself and start acting today because its true that action reduces fear of doing things for the first time.
- Take small steps at first. Ensure to sit in the front everywhere you go and practice eye contact when expressing yourself. When given a chance to say something walk 25% faster ,practice speaking up while smiling big and using positive words.
- Think and dream creatively, Believe that it can be done and trust me the mind will find a way how to get it done.
- Be open to new ideas and be progressive, stimulate yourself with diverse ideas from diverse people. I assure you Capacity is a state of the mind.
- Do not forget that You are what you think. The price tag that you put on yourself is probably the same price tag the world will put on you.
- Dress up, Think your work is important and relevant to society. Think enthusiastically by asking yourself, if you were a manager "would all your subordinates be willing to follow you?"
- Learn and Manage your environment because it is food for your mind and you only succeed if you are in an environment you are used to.
- Watch out for Negative people. People who tell you it can not be done are actually unsuccessful people.
- Make your attitude your biggest allies, live it up and Broadcast good news of yourself to the world. Do better everything you put your hands unto than what people expect out of you.
- Always remember the names of those people who take an initiative to discuss with you. Make an initiative to build networks and friendships, Talk less and be there to Listen more.
- Get the Action Habit. Every time you think about something that can make you better put it into action. Nothing happens just by thinking, Start Now.
- Do not worry about problems. You can handle them as they come. Successful people always handle problems as they arise. Turn defeat into victory because defeat is only a state if the mind.
- Think that there is a way. If it does not work out, do not spend to much time regretting ,Just back off and start afresh. As you may understand time is limited and you can not afford to spend it on regrets.
- Set goals to help you grow. The important thing is not where you were or where you are ,Its where you want to go next. Know where you want to go and visualize your future.
- Achieving success requires the help of others. Ensure to utilize the power of social networking that can empower you to achieve better. Join sites like twitter and LinkedIn and compare what others are saying or doing that could help you perform better. Trade minds with the people you want to influence.
- Be human and put people always . Irrespective of how much success you have attained, always be nice to people on your way up. People's beliefs, cultures, religions and families matter just like yours.
- Think Big enough and know that when you provide good service to people , money will always cater for itself. Do not spend all your time focusing on money as this will make you forget the most important bits of your services to the world.
With the above factors in mind, you can not fail to beat Negativity and succeed. The power of thinking big is like magic that happens to a non-magician. Always remember, "A wise man is a master of his mind, A fool will be its Slave"- Publilius Syrus, Roman Author ,1st Century BC.
By Mwebya Fred+256750061250